Capacity Development Services
Fund Development – Financial Systems – Board Assessment- HR Assessment
The Long Beach Nonprofit Partnership (LBNP) is pleased to announce the availability of Capacity Development Service Awards for nonprofit organizations that serve children and youth. Thanks to the generous support of the Dwight Stuart Youth Fund, the LBNP will be accepting applications from children and youth serving organizations in the Greater Long Beach area who are interested in building their organizational capacity. The LBNP will then conduct assessments for selected applicants in one of four areas – financial systems, fund development, board development or human resources at no cost to you. In addition to the assessment, which includes a thorough report of observations and recommendations, grantees are also eligible to receive a 50% discount on any project that they may want to pursue.
The mission of the Long Beach Nonprofit Partnership (LBNP) is to impact the Greater Long Beach community by strengthening nonprofit organizations through leadership, education and collaboration. The LBNP is committed to assisting nonprofit organizations as they seek to increase their organizational capacity and improve their performance.
Through working closely with numerous organizations, the Partnership has come to recognize many of the challenges organizations face as they seek to become more effective. Assessments would focus on one of the following:
- Board Development: Assessing a working board structure; understanding the essence of board governance, roles and responsibilities.
- Fund Development: Assessing the effectiveness of the organizations approach to granting, individual giving, endowments, planned giving programs and capital campaigns.
- Financial Systems: Assessing the financial systems that accurately track financial activity and properly inform decision makers.
- Human Resources Management: Assessing the procedures currently in place to legally comply with HR laws as well as developing a sustainable workforce.
Eligibility – Who Can Apply?
The LBNP will provide capacity development assistance to nonprofit organizations providing services to children and youth that have valid tax-exemption status under section 501(c) (3) of the Internal Revenue Code and are classified as a public charity and not as a "private foundation" under Section 509(a). Individuals, for-profit organizations, government and public agencies are not eligible for these service awards through the LBNP Capacity Development Support Program. The LBNP encourages all nonprofit organizations in the Greater Long Beach area to submit an application if interested in being considered for assistance.
Priority will be given to nonprofit organizations that meet the following criteria:
· Operate with an annual organizational budget of $1,000,000 or less
· Reflect the cultural diversity of Greater Long Beach
· Clearly identify a capacity development priority for their organization
· Commitment and approval from applicant’s Board of Directors (demonstrated by the signature of the Board Chair/President) Service Awards
[NOTE: An “LBNP service award” is not a cash award or grant. It’s a commitment to provide capacity development services in the form of assessments to award recipients.]
Submission of Applications
All applications are to be submitted to LBNP. Please send completed Application no later than March 8th, 2013 by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Limited number of awards will be granted. Applications will be considered on a quarterly basis.
If you must mail your application please mail to:
LBNP: 2012 Capacity Development Support Program
4900 E. Conant
Long Beach, CA 90808
Attention: Rebecca Buckley
Application Review and Service Award Selection
All proposals received, as specified, will be evaluated by LBNP staff in accordance with the proposal criteria. During the application review period, LBNP may require an on-site visit and meeting with the organization in order to better understand the proposed capacity development activities.
Organizations selected to receive support from this program must be a member of the Partnership prior to the service award being granted. If you are interested in becoming a member, please contact us for more information.
LBNP Service Award Grantees will be notified in writing within 30 days from submission.
Click Here for Application
Click Here for application
Wed, February 6, 2013
by LBNP filed under